Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Book Review Time

Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Its time for another book review. This one is Master Lighting Guide for Portrait Photographers. I have read several other Chris Grey books and I really enjoy the way he writes. It's like he's right there talking to you. The first part of this book is a review of the basics of lighting equipment and the core setups most often used. Everyone needs a review of these every now and then. The second part, portrait lighting lessons, goes over specifics - certain equipment, types of portraits such as a business portrait and getting a certain look like a vintage portrait. There are of course a ton of pictures which is always good, especially for us visual people. It's also an all around good book to get ideas from. I plan on trying out the double key lighting in my next session. I'll be keeping this one around for reference for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sobas Photos © 2014