Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

A New Day A New Book

Wednesday, February 18, 2015
Today I am reviewing Alternative Portraiture by Benny Migs. I quite liked this book. The cover image is very eye catching mostly because of the lighting done with a ring light which you can see by telltale circular catchlight in the eyes. I learned later on in the book that the ring light used was not what I expected but a DIY ring light from the hardware store. So in other words I need to hit up the hardware store and work on one for myself. Benny really rocks the environmental portrait as well. I loved the hat maker photo and his photo of the farrier or the guy that puts on the horse shoes for those of us not familiar with equestrian terms. They are both just stellar images. So if you feel like learning how to create portraits that really capture the viewer and how to DIY a ring light get this book. Find it here:
Amherst Media
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sobas Photos © 2014