Pages

Friday, April 3, 2015

Today's Book Review 1 of 2

Friday, April 3, 2015
Portrait Mastery in Black & White by Tim Kelly is an incredible book. He creates timeless portraits that I would consider much more as art than anything else. What I liked best about his work was that he still works with film. Gasp! Film? Yes, film. I adore film but have yet to set up a real working darkroom in my basement so until then I have to live out my photography in the digital world. But I digress. Tim of course shoots digitally but he often still shoots with 4x5 and larger and it is amazing. The other thing I particularly enjoyed about his work was how something from a decade or more ago looked just as fresh as the other more recent work. He has his style and he sticks with it. He doesn't try out every new little fad and I completely respect him for that. So there it is I loved this book and I plan to read it again and utilize what I learned to improve my own portraits, just as I should.
Find it here:
Amherst Media
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sobas Photos © 2014