Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Set the Scene Book Review

Sunday, July 6, 2014
I was quite excited to get into this book based on the cover image. The car and the camera are two of my favorite things. Several years ago I shot that same model of car for my own work. It was the grill that drew me in. The rest of the images in the book are just as inspiring. They showcase what it means to use props effectively. It gives excellent examples of how to use multiple props without being cluttered and how one prop can change the whole image. It even suggests things you wouldn't normally think of as props such as the headband a baby girl might wear or the clothing in a vintage inspired shoot. The ideas are really endless. Special consideration is also given to the safety of the props especially when babies and children are involved. I read this book through of course, but really, I just loved looking at the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sobas Photos © 2014