Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Day Two of Book Review Week

Monday, July 7, 2014
I probably should have thought about this before yesterday's post but I was doing that one way early in the morning. My darling baby girl woke me up very early and then she promptly went back to sleep leaving me up to write book reviews. At any rate I have a stack of books to do and it has thusly occurred to me to see how many I can get done this week. So onward to today's review. Dream Weddings Create Fresh and Stylish Photography by Neal Urban Let's just start with the brides who booked this guy are super smart and totally lucky. His work is crazy good. If you're a photographer you're going to be jealous and super inspired at the same time reading this book. My all time favorite image in this book is one he did of his wife after their wedding day. The background is the northern lights. He lit her with a flash and it is OUTSTANDING. He emphasizes not becoming stale and having cookie cutter copies of your own images, let alone others. I figure if I could take just one of the elements of his photography and make it my own, it'd be worth buying this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sobas Photos © 2014