Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

Macro

Friday, January 9, 2015
Shooting macro images is one of my absolute favorite photography genre. I just finished reading Shoot Macro Techniques For Photography Up Close by Stan Sholik. I learned some new techniques like focus stacking which was not really around when I started shooting macro back almost 10 years ago. So much has changed because of digital! But that subject is better left for another time. He also used fiber optic lights for many images which I found interesting. They allowed him to put the light right where he wanted it which is critical for lighting such small objects. Of course there are some outstanding images in this book and not just flowers which I feel end up as the fall back for a lot of macro photography. Not that flowers are a bad subject by any means but it's nice to see something else from the macro perspective. All in all a very good book.
Find it here:
Amherst Media
here:
Amazon
and here:
Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sobas Photos © 2014