Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Book Inspirations

Tuesday, July 29, 2014
I recently finished reading my latest photography book- Photographing the Female Form with Digital Infrared by Laurie Klein. The images in this book are just stunning. The models look like they have been carved out of marble. Their skin is seriously flawless, due to the nature of infrared. The author puts a tremendous amount of thought into each image she creates even when she has had to work quickly due to shooting out in nature with nude models. When I was in college I tried my hand at infrared film. It was interesting but I certainly didn't achieve results like this. Most of the images in this book were done with Canon DSLR cameras that had been converted to infrared. It got me thinking I should take my backup camera, at the moment a 10D which is seriously out of date and have it converted so I can play around a bit. But at a little over $350 it might be awhile before I get the chance to. So I will have to be content perusing the images in this book until I can make own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sobas Photos © 2014